Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Switching to ADSL2+

I'm in the process of switching to ADSL2+. The upsides are that it's lightning fast at 24 Mbps using the old telephone line and it includes 500 minutes call from the VoIP account. The downside is that I have to disconnect and remove the conventional ADSL (at 512kbps) of previous ISP from the line first. Then the new ISP will install the system to the line, which will take around 5 - 8 working days. That means I can't go online unless using the dial-up in that period. I have to live offline for a while.

Nowadays, life without internet would not be easy. Because almost everything has been moved to the internet, including shops, services, banking transaction and many more. Many times, I have to pay bills using internet banking, buy some stuffs as well as do a research on the internet. I used to live with always-on internet and find many things on it but now I can't do as before. Moreover, I use email as my main communication. To be offline means I will be out of touch from others, including jobs, friends and family. Okay, I still have a telephone and a phone card, however, it's not that convenient.

In contrary, life without internet may provide me more time to do things other than usual, for examples, reading books, preparing myself for the coming exam or even exercise. With internet, I would stick to the monitor, surfing the web and do nothing. Hopefully, this will be a chance to alter my lifestyle.

Alright, see you when my line is back.

3 comments:

imon said...

Because almost everything has been moved to the internet

ดีนะที่ไม่ได้เอา Boss เก็บไว้ในเน็ตด้วย :P

NOI said...

GPRS ดิครับ ชั่วคราว (อย่างน้อยก็ได้เช็คเมล) ;)

Anonymous said...

ก็อยู่ในเนตเหมือนกันค่ะ ไม่เชื่อลองคลิกตรง link คำว่า boss ดู

ปล. ได้ ADSL2+ มาสามวันแล้ว ทำไมไม่ update blog บ้างล่ะอ้วน